Travel

08 January, 2009

I look back at last year and I realised that planning a travel program in India, with my friends, is harder than it was in London. Dates for leaves, suggestions for places, money and mode of transport -- all tend to rear their ugly head into our lovely dreams of meeting up in exotic places. From a week in Singapore to two days in the sultry Chennai heat, lots of plans have been blotched. Nevertheless, I have managed to travel a lot last year. With my friends and family.
(Mumbai-Mahabeleshwar, Chennai -- by default, Goa, Bellikeri [I am sure its called something else, ask Frank], Mysore, Mekedatu)

The thought that occured to me was obviously not a novel thought and hence I am refraining myself from giving it a dramatic entre. I suddenly wondered why I did not have a or start a travel blog. It will not aim to flaunt the places I have been to (or will in the future) but for the selfish pleasure of trying to manage another blog (or mabbe continue in one which is redundant at the moment) and to do something new in the new year! (Honeymoon period for a new year is only till Jan end).

P.S: The minute I write something in the "travel" blog of mine, I will end up not travelling... sigh :) Rules and 'happenings' need to be broken :)

2 Scribbles:

Amulya Nagaraj said...

no no a travel blog works! I am breathing proof...
travel blogs are where you can ramble about things your friend would get bored about hearing... all the tiny things that sound better and marvelous written but kinda weird and long when spoken :-)
Here's to a nice journey

Anu said...

@jus me... Thanks for the word of confidence! :) will try it out fo sure

Raise your Shoulders and Fall back on your Knees, Piss through a Dime For the Whole World Sees