J

26 December, 2008

Jealousy, that dragon which slays love under the pretense of keeping it alive ~Havelock Ellis, On Life and Sex: Essays of Love and Virtue, 1937

In jealousy there is more self-love than love. ~François, Duc de La Rochefoucauld, Maxims, 1665

Jealousy in romance is like salt in food. A little can enhance the savor, but too much can spoil the pleasure and, under certain circumstances, can be life-threatening. ~Maya Angelou

He that is not jealous is not in love. ~St. Augustine


What is this, what is it that I feel,
Made of slimy green moss and of steel
Her black locks shimmering on his shoulder,
And by the waist that he holds her,

Sends a twinge within my soul
Desire in their hearts burn a hole
I pray to the one stapled to the Cross,
Is it life or is it self-respect, I am at loss

I hear my voice, a voice say,
Tears of love accompanies you on a rainy day
On hot white afternoon with labour’s pay
Its how love is here to stay

0 Scribbles:

Raise your Shoulders and Fall back on your Knees, Piss through a Dime For the Whole World Sees