Chasing Dreams

07 September, 2008

I had a dream of being chased. First by Nazi looking guys and then once I jumped off the roof, I got into a huge residential area. Weaving through the small houses, I was now chased by goondas who looked they were from interior Tamil Nadu with sickles in their hands. I have no clue why and believe me hiding near the sliding doors of a lift is not a good idea when the lift has mirrors all around :-) Such a giveaway!!! lol


I went online to find out what were the explanations for dreams of being chased and here was what one of the websites said:

Dreams about being chased often stem from feelings of anxiety in your waking life. The way we as humans respond to anxiety and pressure in real life is typically manifested as a chase dream. Running is an instinctive response to physical threats in our environment. Often in dream scenarios, you are being pursued by an attacker (can be human, could be an animal) that wants to hurt, or possibly kill you.

Dreams about being chased may represent your way of coping with fears, stress or various situations in your waking life. Instead of confronting your problems, you are running away from them and avoiding them.

The pursuer or attacker who is chasing you in your dream may also represent a part of yourself. Your own feelings of anger, jealousy, fear, and possibly love, can assume the appearance of threatening figure. You may be projecting these feelings onto the unknown chaser. Next time you have a chase dream, turn around and confront your pursuer. Ask them why they are chasing you.

A more direct analysis of chase dreams is the fear of being attacked. Such dreams are more common among women than men, who may feel physically vulnerable in the urban environment. These dreams are inspired by fears of violence and sexual assault in which we are so over-exposed from the media. The violence that the media portrays magnifies our fears and how at risk we all are.

So next time I write a sequel to this post, I am hopefully updating it with the comments from my attacker!


Why are you chasing me?


Distant sound of bullets entering a person :)

1 Scribbles:

Pavitra said...

LOL! This one is interesting! Off late I haven't been having dreams at all...in fact I have had hardly any sleep coz the people who live above me move furniture all the time. I do have pent up frustration...what's one supposed to do with that?

Raise your Shoulders and Fall back on your Knees, Piss through a Dime For the Whole World Sees